Policies and Conditions
Massage Therapy Informed Consent
I understand that massage is intended to enhance relaxation, reduce pain caused by muscle tension, increase range of motion, improve circulation and offer a positive experience of touch. The general benefits of massage, possible massage contraindications and the treatment procedure have been explained to me. I understand that massage therapy is not a substitute for medical treatment or medications, and that it is recommended that I concurrently work with my primary caregiver for any condition I may have. I am aware that the massage therapist does not diagnose illness or disease, does not prescribe medications, and that spinal manipulations are not part of massage therapy. I agree to keep the therapist updated as to any changes in my medical profile and understand that there shall be no liability on the therapist’s part should I fail to do so. I agree to not hold Premier Therapeutics, LLC., affiliates, contractors, employees etc. liable for any issues/injuries sustained, known or unknown, prior to receiving services. I agree to seek proper medical treatment for such injuries/issues prior to receiving massage services.
Your business is valued, and your cooperation is appreciated. We are making a commitment to you to guarantee your appointment time and refusing all other requests once you have made the appointment. A 24-hour cancellation notice is required for any member scheduled appointments including gift certificate sessions. A 72-hour cancellation notice is required for any non-member scheduled appointments. Late cancellations, missed appointments, or no-show appointments will result in you being charged the full amount of the session booked unless the appointment can be filled. Depending on our booking schedule, late appointments may not receive the full session time allotted for the treatment service booked: Full payment is required. In emergency cancellation situations, discretion is given to Premier Therapeutics, LLC and the massage therapist performing the service. No refunds. Memberships expire 12 months from the day that the intake form is signed provided the membership was purchased that day. Otherwise, memberships expire 12 months from the date of purchase. Members who opt out of memberships prior to 180 days must submit a written request 30 days prior to the first day of the following month or have received a minimum of 6 paid sessions prior to canceling. Otherwise, the member will be charged for the following month. There are exceptions:
- If you've yet to receive a session for the month in which you are wishing to cancel and you have at least one credit towards a 60 minute (paid your monthly dues), your cancellation can be processed immediately, with the understanding that any credits towards products or services will be lost.
- If you have received a session for the month in which you are canceling, have not submitted your cancellation request 30 days in advance of your monthly payment, and have no credits towards sessions or services, your card will be charged upon cancellation (your membership cost). This credit will not be lost to you. You can choose to receive a gift card in the amount charged or choose to schedule a session.
Memberships expire 12 months from the day that the intake form is signed provided the membership was purchased that day. Otherwise, memberships expire 12 months from the date of purchase. Members can opt out of memberships if a written request is received 30 days prior to the first day of the following month. Otherwise the member will be charged for the following month. In the case of a declined membership charge, an invoice will be sent to the client which must be paid by the 3rd day of the month. Failure to comply will result in a manual charge to the card on file. Failure to render payment by the 5th day will result in a loss of the membership and forfeiture of all bonus and free services with no refunds or redemptions. In the case of membership loss or cancellation, any qualifying remaining sessions must be used within 60 days.
We accept most forms of payment (i.e. credit, debit, cash and some insurances). Payment is collected immediately for same day appointments. Otherwise, payment is required 24 hours prior to requested session time or you will not be scheduled. Exceptions: clients with memberships and insurance pay clients. Insurance pay clients are required to put a card on file. This card will be used to collect payment for the initial visit ($60) and any other agreed upon, verbal or written, charges to include copays. If your deductible has not been satisfied prior to each session or insurance benefits cannot be verified, this card will be used to collect payment for services at an agreed upon monthly rate (not less than $50) until the full balance is paid or billed services are paid your insurance provider. Invoices are due upon receipt. Non-payment will result in a full price charge for services rendered to your card on file. NSF or declined charges will incur an additional $25 charge plus a $5 charge per day thereafter. All invoices are due upon receipt and absolutely must be satisfied no less than 2 hours prior to scheduled service time or your session will be removed from the schedule.
Session costs for services are broken down into classes. Base cost for per minute is $2 to $2.50 (service type and time pending).
Class 1: base cost and payment
Class 2: discounts for immediate pay (cash, credit, debt, check, or app pay).
Class 3: member investment discounts up to 75%
Massage Therapy is a profession in which the practitioner applies manual techniques, and may apply adjunctive therapies, with the intention of positively affecting the health and well-being of the client.
Massage Therapists do not diagnose or prescribe for medical conditions nor are they allowed to provide treatment for a specific condition without a doctor's written permission. The massage therapist is required to refer you for diagnosis and to follow recommendations of your physician.
Sessions are conducted at the company’s, client’s and therapist’s discretion. All parties reserve the right to terminate a session.
Premier Therapeutics, LLC and therapist reserve the right to refuse any client or potential client.
CLIENT NEEDS AND BOUNDARIES:
We will gladly adjust pressure, temperature, music volume, work longer on an area or move on if you request it.
The client may choose to: leave on as much clothing as needed for comfort, refuse any massage methods, stop massage at any time and is free to leave.
The client will always be modestly draped. Only the area being massaged will be undraped.
Occasionally, an emotional response to massage occurs. If this happens, it is okay to express the feelings in our safe, nonjudgmental environment - or you may request privacy and end the session. You are in control.
Requests for sexual activity will not be tolerated, will be viewed as solicitation, and reported to the proper authorities. The client will not be rescheduled for future sessions, will be charged for the remainder of session and have membership privileges revoked if this occurs.
The breast and genital area will not be massaged under any circumstances. Permission will be asked before working close to these areas; otherwise, a professional distance will be maintained. The gluteal area will be massaged only with permission and can be worked through the draping if requested.
Sexual interaction of any kind between the client and the massage therapist is NEVER appropriate. On rare occasions an involuntary sensual response to massage is natural and will subside on its own in a few moments.
We do not massage anyone under the age of 16 unless parent or guardian is present.
CONFIDENTIALITY AND CONVERSATION:
The discussion between the massage therapist and the client is confidential. The client may or may not choose to talk during the massage.
We are happy to listen to your conversation and share our professional expertise. We prefer to not discuss topics of a political or sexual nature.
LITIGATION PARTICIPATION POLICIES
If we are asked to appear in court on your behalf a client, or asked to provide any information regarding services, the following procedures will apply:
1. We (to include any contractors, staff and/or affiliates) will only participate in legal matters that are agreed upon beforehand and only when a contract has been created between the client, his/her attorney, and Premier Therapeutics, LLC.
2. Services for any legal/court related work agreed upon ahead of time through this contract are subject to a fee of $250.00/hour. This fee also applies to any research or preparation we must do beforehand. This preparation includes the organization and transmitting of case notes to the party requesting them.
3. If we (to include any contractors, staff and/or affiliates) are subpoenaed to appear in court on your or your behalf for any reason without a prior agreed upon contract, the hourly fee will be $500.00 per hour. This is non-negotiable. This fee also applies to any research or preparation we must do beforehand. This preparation includes the organization and transmitting of case notes to the party requesting them.
4. For any day that we (to include any contractors, staff and/or affiliates) are asked to appear in court, a minimum of four hours will be charged regardless of the time we are present if less than four hours. Any time present more than four hours will be charged hourly. This includes travel time.
5. All fees necessary for court preparation should be paid for prior to the client’s court date.
Gratuity is greatly appreciated!